Email marketing provides an effective and personalized way to connect with your target audience, and is a huge part of our everyday lives. It’s estimated that 2.6 billion people use emails worldwide, and is expected to grow to 2.9 billion by 2019.
Email has moved past desktop and has taken the mobile and tablet market by storm. If you continue to create emails based upon desktop best practices, your emails are likely to see a decline in click through rate. We’ve searched high and low to bring you the ten most critical email marketing statistics to show you just how essential shifting to mobile is.
Adopting mobile email marketing best practices is necessary in the digital age - below are ten statistics to prove it.
10 Mobile Email Marketing Statistics
- Approximately 53% of emails are opened on a mobile device.*
- 23% of emails opened on a mobile device are opened again later.*
- Of Gmail’s 900 million users, 75% access their account via a mobile device.*
- Between 2011 - 2013, email open rate on mobile increased by 30%.*
- Every 1 out of 3 clicks within an email come from a mobile device.*
- Readers who viewed an email on a mobile device and later open it on a desktop, are 65% more likely to click through.*
- In 2015, 45% of emails were opened on a mobile device, while 36% were opened on a desktop.**
- Replies from a mobile device are 54% faster than those on desktop.**
- Replies sent from a mobile device are 60% shorter than those from a desktop.**
- The number of email users is expected to grow 23% in 2016.**
< BACK TO MAIN BLOG