Traditional marketing tactics are becoming less effective as consumers evolve. Billboards, radio ads, direct mail, print ads and other traditional marketing tactics still have their place, but savvy marketers have begun to embrace a new, more innovative approach to connecting with prospective customers: inbound marketing.
To illustrate just how impactful inbound marketing can be, we’ve outlined 8 fascinating statistics that show the success forward-thinking companies are having with inbound.
What is inbound marketing?
HubSpot defines inbound marketing as “a holistic, data-driven approach to marketing that attracts individuals to your brand and converts them into lasting customers.” In the online world, inbound marketing is most commonly executed through the following:
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Website optimization
- Landing pages
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content offers (i.e. EBooks and white papers)
- Paid search (PPC)
By creating and publishing fresh, relevant content on a regular basis, inbound marketing makes it easy for prospects who are searching for a product or service like yours to find you at their convenience — an approach that has been shown to produce more leads and sales.
How does inbound marketing work?
Inbound marketing follows a 4-step process know as the inbound methodology. The inbound methodology is used to attract, convert, close and delight new customers.
Using this methodology as a guide, inbound marketers create strategic content tailored for prospective customers, aligning each piece of content with its intended audience’s current stage in the buyer journey. This long-term, value-based approach to marketing allows prospective customers to learn more about and interact with companies on their own time and terms.
Not sold on inbound just yet? No worries! Below are 8 statistics that might change your mind about whether or not inbound marketing is right for your business!
8 fascinating inbound marketing statistics:
- B2B companies reported a 70% increase in leads by blogging 1-2 times per month
- Lead generated through inbound marketing costs an estimated 62% less than leads generated through outbound marketing
- 72% of companies using inbound marketing report an increase in sales within 1 year
- On average, companies that practice inbound marketing see a 3.15X increase in traffic to their website within 1 year
- SEO is a vital to inbound marketing because 93% of purchases begin with an online search, and 75% of online users say they’ll never scroll past the first page of results
- 80% of business decision makers surveyed say they prefer to receive information about companies through several articles / sources versus a single advertisement
- Companies that increase the number of landing pages used for their campaigns from 10 to 15 reported a 55% increase in leads
- A HubSpot survey uncovered that personalized content performs 42% better than traditional, generic content
Want to learn more about inbound marketing? Click the following link to find out more about how inbound marketing works!
< BACK TO MAIN BLOG